This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. This content is intended for readers who are 21 and over. #ShareBoen #BestLifeWithBoen #CollectiveBias
We are about to lay down the simplest recipe for flatbread EVER. Simple. Earthy. Seasoned with extra virgin olive oil, fresh rosemary, and sea salt, this is the best recipe for easy entertaining and gatherings. Top this crispy-awesome flatbread with salty feta cheese crumbles, sweet caramelized onions, and fresh arugula and we have a party on our hands! Best served with chilled Böen Chardonnay.
Böen Chardonnay sparks apricot and lemon and is the ultimate wine to serve with this crisp-salty Rosemary Flatbread recipe, making for elegant and simple entertaining with friends. Your friends are going to love this recipe and your taste in good wine.
Böen is the purest expression of fifth generation winemaker, Joe Wagner’s signature wine style and represents the most renowned Pinot Noir and Chardonnay wine growing regions in California. Over the last 20 years, he has created strong relationships with California’s top winegrowers in order to bring you the best quality wine varieties.
- Unbleached all-purpose flour
- Instant yeast
- White granulated sugar
- Sea salt + cracked black pepper
- Warm water
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse cornmeal
- Fresh rosemary
- Yellow onions
- Feta cheese crumbles
How to Make Rosemary Flatbread:
- In a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Drizzle in warm water and olive oil. Knead with the dough hook on low until a dough ball forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a well oiled bowl. Flip to coat with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and keep in a warm place for about 90 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- When the dough is ready to bake, preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and place oven rack in center.
- Generously sprinkle a large, rimmed baking pan with coarse cornmeal. Place the prepared flatbread dough on the pan. Gently press and spread the dough with your hands. Evenly spread the flatbread on the pan.
- Cover the dough with a warm, damp cloth and let rise for 20 minutes.
- While the dough is rising, cook the sliced onions in butter on medium low heat. Stir occasionally and cook for 20 minutes until soft and golden brown. Set aside.
- Cover the dough and prick several times with a fork. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the bottom is crisp and the top is golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with feta cheese while warm.
- Top with the prepared onions, fresh torn arugula, sea salt, and olive oil as desired.
- Cut with a pizza cutter and serve warm.
This flatbread recipe is one truly to be savored and shared with friends. The crisp texture of the golden flatbread dough is the perfect backdrop for the toppings.
What we love about this wine + food pairing? It is simple enough to be enjoyed at casual gatherings like girls’ night but elegant and delicious enough to be enjoyed at a wedding or dinner party. With Böen wines, it is always easy to share your best life with your best friends. Try Böen wine out for yourself by visiting a retailer near you.
Please enjoy Böen responsibly.
Let us never forget that the cultivation of the Earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other arts follow & the farmers therefore are the founders of human civilization.-Joseph Wagner, Winemaker / Grower – Böen Wines
My favorite bite? The flaky corner piece of Rosemary Flatbread with a drizzle of olive oil, just the right amount of cheese, onion, and arugula. Simple recipes like this between friends over great wine are at the heart of living your best life.
Looking for more? Subscribe and follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to be the first to get exclusive updates.
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt plus to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided, plus a good swirl for the bowl
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup arugula torn
- In a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, combine the flour, yeast, salt, and sugar. Add warm water and half of the olive oil. Mix until the mixture forms a dough ball.
- Turn the flatbread dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead with your hands for 2 minutes until smooth. Form into a ball and place into an oiled bowl. Flip to coat, then cover with plastic wrap. Keep warm and let rise for 1 1/2 hours.
- While the dough is rising. cook the sliced onions in melted butter over low heat. Stir frequently and cool on low for 20 minutes until golden.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Scatter the cornmeal evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Gently press the flatbread dough and spread into a thin sheet on the baking pan.
- Prick the flatbread with a fork in several places. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 13 – 17 minutes until the bottom is golden and the edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with feta cheese crumbles, caramelized onions, fresh arugula, and more olive oil and salt if desired. Slice and serve warm..