You are going to love this filling and hearty chili recipe. Made with lean ground beef, fresh peppers, and zucchini, every bite is loaded with protein. Each serving has 24 grams of protein! Plus we’ve added kidney and garbanzo beans for even more texture and flavor. This recipe makes 12 servings, and is perfect for meal prep.
- Lean ground beef
- Olive oil
- Crushed tomatoes
- Chicken broth
- Spicy V8
- Chili powder + spices
- Salt + pepper
How to Make This Chili Recipe:
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat the garlic and onion in olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and half of the chili powder and cumin. Stir and cook until the beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in the bell peppers, jalapeno, and zucchini until combined.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and vegetable juice. Add the remaining spices and beans.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with vegetables or shredded cheese.
Serve this tasty chili recipe with sliced vegetables, shredded cheese, or a dollop of Greek yogurt. This chili also makes a great topping for taco salads.
Proteins are the building blocks of life. Every cell in the human body contains protein. The basic structure of protein is a chain of amino acids.
–U.S. National Library of Medicine
You need protein in your diet to help your body repair cells and make new ones.
Is there anything better than a bowl full of warm chili on a cold day? You can enjoy this recipe guilt-free because it is made with clean, healthy ingredients and power-packed with protein.
Want another protein-packed meal idea that is also low-carb? Try our Low-Carb Beef Tips + Peppers. So yum!
Looking for more? Subscribe and follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to be the first to get exclusive updates.
Best Protein Packed Chili Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion peeled, diced
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chili powder divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin divided, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper divided, to taste
- 1 bell pepper seeded, diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded, finely diced
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups Spicy V8 vegetable juice
- 15 ounces kidney beans drained, rinsed
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans drained, rinsed
- In a large pot or dutch oven, cook the garlic and onion in olive oil over medium low heat.
- Increase heat to medium high. Add the ground beef and half of the chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add the bell peppers, jalapenos, and zucchini. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, vegetable juice. Add the beans and remaining spices.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with sliced vegetables and shredded cheese if desired.