Fast, fresh, and super easy, this is the only guacamole recipe you’ll ever need for everything. Great for dipping, spreading on a healthy sandwich, or eating right off of the spoon. Made with creamy, fat-happy avocados, ripe tomatoes, zesty lime, and fresh cilantro, this guacamole will knock your socks off.
- Onion, white or purple will do
- Sea salt + cracked black pepper
How to Make this Guacamole Recipe:
- Remove the pit from avocados and scoop out the flesh into a medium-sized bowl.
- Zest the lime and add to the bowl. Juice the lime and pour the juice over the avocado. (To keep it from browning, go ahead and stir it around.)
- Chop and dice up the tomato, onion, cilantro, and garlic. Add to the bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the guacamole until it is your desired consistency.
Want you guacamole recipe spicier? Chop up a fresh jalapeno or add a few shots of your favorite hot sauce. Not a fan of cilantro, leave it out. This kick-ass recipe for guacamole is fresh, zesty, and full of wholesome clean flavor…you’ll love it.
Avocados are low in sugar. And they contain fiber, which helps you feel full longer. In one study, people who added a fresh avocado half to their lunch were less interested in eating during the next three hours.
I love making this guacamole recipe with heirloom tomatoes and red onion, too. So tasty.
TIP: To store, press a layer of plastic wrap directly on top of the guacamole to keep out the air. (That’s what causes it to oxidize and turn brown.) After storing, stir it up before serving.
This guacamole recipe makes about 3 cups, and the suggested serving size is 1/2 cup (more or less based on your diet needs.) Try this on top of tacos, sandwiches, wraps, rice, and fish. So delicious you’ll be making another batch soon.
Looking for more? Subscribe and follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to be the first to get exclusive updates.
The Only Guacamole Recipe You’ll Ever Need
- 4 avocados
- 1 tomato small diced
- 1/4 cup onion finely diced
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1 handful cilantro rough chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper more to taste
- Cut the avocados and remove the pit. Scoop the insides out into a medium-sized bowl.
- Zest one lime and add the zest to the bowl. Juice the lime and add the juice to the bowl.
- Chop and dice the tomato, onion, cilantro and garlic as noted in the ingredient list. Add to the bowl.
- Sprinkle in the salt and pepper, then mash the guacamole together using a potato masher or a fork.
- Serve! Makes approximately 3 cups.