Straw bags are a trend that I can totally get into. They are everywhere, from runways to fashion magazines. No matter how much you want to spend, from shabby to chic, there is a straw bag style for everyone.
Fat Girl Happy Staff Picks
Like them big and beach-worthy? Got em. How about a darling cross-body purse? Yep, those too. My favorite styles are the vintage looks.
The style you choose is all in the details. Fringe, pom poms, animal shapes (yes), to classic neutrals, the selection of on point straw bags is endless. We are all familiar with the over-sized straw beach totes. But what about a sleek straw clutch or designer purse?
Here are some of our favorite straw bag designs for the season. Happy browsing!
Straw Bag Trends:
- Pom Pom details – colorful poms add a fun touch
- Fringe – vintage fringe details stand out
- Circular shapes – think outside the standard bag shape
- Bold pops of color – more than just beige neutrals
- Designer looks – check out the Prada
- Leather details – straps, fringe, and more
- Cross body straps – perfect for day trips
- Small sizes – not just for the beach
Tips on Picking the Perfect Straw Bag
- Don’t try to use the same bag for every occasion. For instance, you would want a big, market bag for a day at the beach. But a small, cross body round straw bag would be best suited for a girls day of shopping.
- Think about your wardrobe. Do you need a neutral, classic look to pair with your outfits? Or could your coordinated neutral closet use a bold pop of color?
- What is your personal style? If you play it safe, stick to a straw bag look with simple colors and classic details. If you love unique pieces, how about a fun geometric pattern with vibrant shades or even a fun animal detail?
- And of course, the best rule of bags…if you love it, that’s the one!
The only BS I need is bags and shoes.-Unknown