A burst of flavor in every bite, these refreshing and healthy appetizers are easy to assemble and easier to eat. Made with sweet melon, bursting blackberries, and whole milk mozzarella with a touch of basil, these party favors are delish!
- Watermelon and / or cantaloupe balls
- Basil leaves
- Whole milk mozzarella balls
- Wooden picks
How to Make Fruit + Mozzarella Appetizers:
- First, assemble each pick with 1 blackberry, 1 melon ball, 1 basil leaf, and 1 mozzarella ball.
- Lastly, arrange on a serving platter and enjoy immediately or chill before serving.
I love this idea when you need something last minute to take to a party. Just stop by the produce section, grab the cheese and skewers and get to assembling. You can make so many variation so this healthy snack, too.
-Annette McDermott, Healthline.com
When it comes to beta carotene, cantaloupe knocks other yellow-orange fruits out of the park. According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), cantaloupe has more beta carotene than apricots, grapefruit, oranges, peaches, tangerines, nectarines, and mangoes.
This fast and impressive healthy appetizer recipe makes 24 skewers. For a crowd, you can easily double or triple the recipe. Great for wedding showers, receptions, brunches, and dinner parties.
Looking for more? Subscribe and follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to be the first to get exclusive updates.
Melon Blackberry Mozzarella Appetizers
- 3/4 cup watermelon balled, about 12 pieces
- 3/4 cup cantaloupe balled, about 12 pieces
- 1 cup blackberries about 24 large
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella balls about 24 pieces
- 24 wooden picks
- Assemble each appetizer skewer by adding a blackberry, a melon ball, a basil leave, and a mozzarella ball.
- Arrange on a platter and serve immediately or chill before serving.